As many of you probably know, I have a very talented friend who is a professional in the world of style and creates amazing things each and every day. Matthew Mead, of Holiday with Matthew Mead made me this adorable "snowman under glass." He knows how much I love shadow boxes: I made some myself a few years back.
Knowing how much I love easy-peasy projects, Matthew took some behind-the-scenes photos of just how easy it was to create this gorgeous project:
1. Start with a lantern of any size:
2. Gather your supplies: small collectibles like this little snowman, artificial snow and snowballs from the craft store, faux or real cranberries, or whatever festive embellishments you have on hand.
2. Line the bottom with a layer of sheet moss:
3. Fill a small glass jar filled with your favourite greenery or clippings (add water to prolong the life of the greens!) and nestle the jar into a corner of the lantern:
4. Set the scene by nestling in a favourite holiday ornament:
5. Add your own dash of style with a dusting of artificial snow, tiny "real" trees (I also love to use bottlebrush ones), cranberries, and display on a mantel or table. You could even "light it up" by tucking in a small strand of mini-lights - but if you do so, just don't use the real greenery and water!
Isn't is sweet?
Thank you, Matthew!
If you haven't already picked up a copy of Holiday with Matthew Mead then you are missing out on so many great holiday ideas just as easy and imaginative as this one. Find HOLIDAY on newsstands just about everywhere or by clicking here.